Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Watering Can Project

 
Here is the first bigger project of 2016, ok I've made a few cards but they're not really projects as such.
 
So here goes.
 
First of all I had to decide on the size and shape of the watering can. I used an A4 sheet of copy paper and sketched what I thought resembled a watering can.
Once happy with the shape I transferred it to a piece of card and cut it out.
 
 
I took a second sheet of card and drew around the template to act as a guide.
I then used several die cut rectangles to build up the background (the rectangles were distressed with dark ink prior to placement), these were stuck down onto the black  card covering the shape of the template.
 

 
The template was then placed on top of the sheet and a pencil line drew around the edge for a guide then it was cut out and attached to the thicker card. The reverse of the watering can was also covered in the same way this time using only one sheet of paper.

 
The edges were distressed again with brown distress ink.

 
Random text stamping was added for interest front and back.
Then it happened, I forgot to take photos, ooops!
Basically I took a variety of die cut  leaves and coloured them green, I rolled a few daisy type flowers coloured the edges yellow and sprayed them lightly with water to let the colour spread into the centres.
I then added a few shop bought flowers and a few dried sprays.
All of the embellishment's were stuck down.
A further top handle was created by cutting a strip of paper, the edges were inked and it was attached with a brad.
To complete the look an embossing pad was used to add gold embossing powder to corners and edges. a stand was added to the reverse to keep it upright.

 
 
 
 

 
That's it for today, hope you like it.
 
Sue X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x