Friday 29 January 2016

Cards for the Boys

What can I say, male cards are difficult.
So when a birthday pops up I'm normally thinking, men don't really pay attention to cards I'll pop to the shop and pick up one. 

However, I had a new stamp before Christmas and I'm loving it, perfect for those cards.

Here is how the card was created.

Take one 15cm x 15cm hammered card blank, add distress ink through a mask randomly (in my case an opticians eye chart) , choose another mask (random lines) and apply a slightly different shade of colour to create an initial base to work on.
 
The edges were then inked with the same colour and misted with water, the excess water was then removed with a sheet of kitchen roll to reveal a mottled effect.
 
Stamping was added just above the lower edge to create a grounding for my little character.

The character and other images were the  coloured with distress ink and glued into position. 

A closer view.
 
Ta Dah card complete.

Sue X

1 comment:

  1. O yes very good & they are a pain aren't they these blokes LOL
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.