Wednesday 13 January 2016

SDC226 - Trees

Happy New Year!

 
This week or should I say last weeks, was the first Stampotique Challenge of 2016 and the theme is trees. 
To be honest my mojo did a runner over Christmas and is taking its time finding its way back to me.
However I couldn't not have a go especially when my crafting buddy Rebecca has joined in the challenge with her new stamps.
Here goes a bit late but you know what they say, better late than never.

A square of  card was cut to fit a card blank, the tree was stamped half overlapping one side and then the other with archival ink. Water was lightly sprayed over the card surface and blue, green, and yellow Bistre powders were sprinkled over the surface, a little more water was added to loosen the powder to the desired colour.
The edges were distressed with a touch of black soot distress ink and a sentiment added.
 
I know its a bit simple but its the thought that counts and postage costs. LOL.

 
You can see many more inspirational tree projects by visiting the Stampotique Challenge here.

Sue X 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely one of my favourite tree stamps scrummy
    Happy crafting
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is lovely! I love the trees and the great background.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is beautiful, the trees look amazing, and I love your background. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Stampotique, and have a fab weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.