Friday 6 February 2015

Journal Without Words!

I've made a journal and now it's time to fill it.

Only thing is, I don't really write in journals or diary's come to that.

I did however find inspiration from  an unlikely source. 
As I was rummaging through a bits box, lots of different Superdry labels  which I seem to have collected over a few years cried out use me, use me, so I did.
 
Great! no need for words, my words that is.  It's a page I can instantly associate with my need to buy clothes (trendy clothes).
 
A few labels were painted black and covered with bits and pieces, they also had orange ribbons on that I couldn't help but leave on and so included the colour on my page.
 

I dragged  black gesso across the page leaving areas of brown showing through, in hindsight as the card wasn't a good quality, I should have covered the whole lot with clear gesso first as it bled through to the back, live and learn.
Other bits included were leftovers from a France Papillon workshop, bits of fabric, tissue paper and another favourite of mine, rusty metal bits. 
Everything was arranged on the page and stuck down with soft matte gel.


Next up, silks paints were used to add a bit of shimmer and colour, they look fab on black.
Primary elements power was dotted around the page and activated with a bit of fine water spray.
Yum.

I even added a black and white selfie. Get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.