Friday 6 February 2015

Cards for Men!

I don't know why but I do struggle with cards for men.

I have a mental block combined with a lack of male orientated stamps, however with hubby's birthday very soon I thought I ought to make him one, ( he gets a little jealous not having a hand made one) LOL.  I was also given a brief to use a few Indigo Blu Stamps, so I teamed the two together and this is what I came up with.


I used a 7x7 card base covering it in black card then stamping Happly Birthday in the top right hand corner and embossing it with a dull silver power.
Next I had a piece of brown craft card which I stamped a repeated pattern of the Indigo Blu stamp "I Spy" to create the background, the back of the card was stamped with another Indigo Blu stamp "Harlequin".
The Harlequin stamp was then stamped across the page from one corner to the other ,UTEE in Black/Silver was sprinkled over. Prior to heat embossing I used a soft brush to take away the power from unwanted areas which created a vintage/distressed/worn appearance.
The Craft card was  then manipulated so that the top right hand corner revealed the happy birthday message,  a brad was attached to keep it in place then layered onto the black card base.
A rectangle of card board was then distressed/torn  then heat embossed with the same powder.
The frame was a Darkroom door frame stamp which was stamped cut out then heat embossed with clear utee and once completely dry bent and folded out of shape to create cracks (adding to the aged look).
The I spy image was stamped once in Black archival ink and then in Tree Branch archival ink, the 
brown image was mounted on black card with 3d foam to lift it off the page then layered onto the frame. This was then positioned onto the card along with the embossed card board in a pleasing manor and stuck down. The binoculars on the black image were cut out and layered onto the brown image with 3d foam. A touch of Glossy Accents added the effect of glass in the eye pieces.

Ta Dah!

Man type card.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.