Saturday 14 February 2015

Butterfly Journal Page


I decided it was high time I created a journal page.

I'd used the butterfly stamp in the past few days for a card and  it was still visible on the top of the pile, I decided I should use it ( you never know when it will surface again).

 I began by coating the page with a layer of gesso, closely followed by a texture paste applied through a mask. Beads were added while the paste was still wet then left to dry.
Dylusions spray inks were used to colour the page in blacks and greens.


Once coloured the butterfly was stamped across the centre of the spread and heat embossed with   Black and Silver UTEE, it was coloured with Rusty Hinge Distress ink. The beads were coloured using Spanish Topaz Treasure Gold to tie in with the colour of the butterfly.

Wire circle were layered with a bit of cheese cloth and attached with a length of wire as I didn't want to wait for the glue to dry also I didn't want to see lumps of glue.

Finally, Words were stamped onto white paper and distressed around the edges then added to the page  with a touch of 3d foam.






No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.