Sunday 20 April 2014

Time for Another Canvas

I'm getting stuck into this canvas malarkey. 
I'm enjoying getting messy and not knowing how the project is going to turn out, "flying by the seat of my pants", as they say.

So I began with a flat canvas board brayering on Honey Dew and Chartreuse paints and then brayering the edge with Chutney. Masks were placed on the canvas and Chartreuse was stippled through it, they were moved slightly to one side Honey Dew and Chutney paint was stippled through layering over the top to add interest and left to dry.

Next Clear texture paste was added, for everyone who likes to touch the texture on a picture, me included. A little paint was sponged onto the canvas  then wiped away from the texture paste to show the colours beneath.

 I decided to use the Lynn Brown stamps of tulips, stamping with paints then adding music script and treasure gold and shaping around a pencil then adding them to the canvas.

Lace trim and fabic bits were added to create interest.

A good helping of Onyxite and White Fire Treasure Gold finished off  the look.


1 comment:



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.