Monday, 14 April 2014

Minnie Mouse

 I've finally finished a project started ummm, a couple of years ago!

Very bad mum promising to do a job and ummm, not finishing it!
What excuses can I come up with, let's see, " The cat ate it", "It got lost in an ocean of craftiness", "I didn't have the right materials".

Well let's move on swiftly.  A few years ago my youngest had a fab T-shirt with Minnie Mouse on, well I liked it.  When it was too small I suggested I would make a picture for her bedroom.
 
OK it's taken a while but now I'm really pleased with the results.
I had cut it out and backed the image with iron on stiffening ready to mount it, I had to buy a super large 3D frame as I didn't want to squash the finished item.
I went through a box of odd paper and found just the right shades and layered them in a pleasing way.
I distressed the edges of the papers with vintage photo ink then glued it into place.
I added some bits of lace and rik rac trim along with a few dylusions stamped images, some of which were stamped onto the remaining t shirt material and coloured using paperarsty transparent paints.
Minnie and the flowers were glued on with white glue and all put in the frame.
 

 When Jess came home from school she was well impressed.
Only one problem, now she wants her bedroom decorated to match......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x