Monday, 3 March 2014

Hearts and Flowers

Hi, I'd like to share my Monday make.

I thought I would take advantage of having the dining room
 (aka craft room/hubby's working from home space) to myself.




Hubby has been away for the weekend, skiing with friends.
Although he tells me it was more like child minding.
It was also his birthday, the first birthday he hasn't been home since before we were married.
So, anyhow, back to my heart.
It's amazing what you can find whilst looking for something completely opposite to what you end up with. In my case, I was looking for a book from "The Works" shop (always seems to be closing down but never actually does). I spotted the heart in a box on the floor, scooped it up and paid for it.
I began by giving it a wash to remove any grease or grime, masking tape was put across one side as I wanted to see if crackle glaze worked directly on slate, it does, although it took a while to dry and I ended up assisting it with the heat gun.  Then Antarctic Paperartsy paint was sponged on top.
Sit back and watch the magic! It was distressed  even more with a sanding block.
Flowers were made with dictionary pages cut withTim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and sprayed with dylusions inks, dried and shaped.  The leaves were Stamped with paint and over stamped with black archival ink using script stamp then cut out, I also stamped a swirls onto the flowers before I shaped them.

I didn't intend to get the meltpot out, but I couldn't resist.
I gave all the flowers a coat of utee. LOL
A mini utee heart was added to the largest flower and a few other homemade utee buds/flowers were added.  It was all Stuck together with my trustee glue gun.


Ta Dah!
Hope You like it.

2 comments:

  1. Another gr8 make mum! Its always nice to see how much fun you have when I am still in an classroom at school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're only jealous Georgie LOL me too tho!!
    Love it :)
    Happy Craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x