Today I had a play day, all the washing, cleaning, hoovering etc all done, for now.
As I was hunting though my stash of altering stuff I came across a picture frame, I should have taken step by step photos but I forgot. Duh!
Anyhow, here is the finished article.
I then added texture by using up some old texture paste (pre grunge paste).
I painted the whole thing in the lightest shade and whilst still wetish (don't think that word exists but sounds good), added the next shade sparingly and finally the darkest shade just to add interest.
A Kaisercraft stamp was stamped onto tissue paper with archival ink and applied to the frame using Mr Melt Pot and hot wax. Mental note don't hang in conservatory, it gets so, so, so hot in there, I don't really want my piece of art to melt.
Trust me it would, I've actually banned the girls from having wax crayons as I found one melted into the carpet. Not good.
Using spray inks, tattered flowers die and old faithful script stamp, I created my fave flowers of the month, shaped them stuck them together. Made a couple more of those butterfly's with melted utee (another fave of mine his month) added a few other bits and pieces and stuck it all down.