Monday 17 February 2014

Birthday Frame Art

For my birthday I had a box frame from my crafting buddy, Rebecca.

Well actually we had one each so we could decorate it together Finnabair style.
We arranged a day and began our journey.  We started by placing our stash on the frame to make it look appealing, this consisted of wooden embellishments, metal clocks, resin flowers, metal flowers, an old front door key, lace and much, much more.

After sticking it all down, a base coat of stone was painted over everything. Then I changed my mind and decided that the glass knob I'd painted, I actually wanted to see. After ten minutes of rubbing and scraping (gently) I managed to clean it off.


At this point we ran out of time.

Friday, we managed to meet up again and complete our project, well almost.
Caramel, Toffee and Green  Olives Paperartsy paint was stippled on to the frame. Then a small amount of Chocolate Pudding and water was put in a mister then shaken to mix the two together, this was sprayed  where the clusters of  flowers and bits were to deepen  and intensify those areas.

Treasure gold was added in Onyxite and White Fire to add highlights, then a picture of my daughters from when we were crabbing while on holiday in August.
 



 


 Hope you like it......



2 comments:

  1. Well yes I do like it actually, looks great, suppose I'm going to have to blog mine now!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.