Thursday, 14 May 2015

Times Three

The other day as I was walking through the Range I came across some rather nice sized box canvas's 6"x12"so I bought 3.
Bearing that in mind I had an idea to create a row of canvas's with a topic or piece of art to stretch across all three.
Low and behold a few days later one of the blogs I follow released a blog post of a workshop they had done using the very same 3 canvas's base.  
Have a little look at what they made  http://tworzysko.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/sharing-teaching-oversizing-and-collage Mixed-media  by Anna Dabrowska also known as Finnabair. One very talented Mixed Media artist.
Meant to be I told myself, here is my version.

Day 1.
I began by layering lace and resist canvas across the 3 canvas's and sticking them down with gel medium. next I raided the buttons stash.

 
Whilst at the range I also bought a packet of chunky fern leaves in different sizes, the pack was only £1 bargain (may have to get more) love how chunky they are.
I started to assemble the metal bits and shop bought paper flowers, fern leave, etc etc.

 
Once satisfied that it looked ok ( after several attempts that is) I glued it all down with 3d gel medium and painted it all white ready to be coloured.
Now then because the metal embellishments were left to dry with wet gesso on, the metal reacted and formed lovely rusty patches, another meant to be moment so I went with the warm rusty orange colour and hoped for the best.


Day 2.

Colouring.
Well hubby not working from home in my craft space AKA the dining room today, girls at school for a good few hours, washing done and drying, sofa plumped hoovering done.
Time to craft.

And so to the fun bit, colouring and embellishment enhancement.
As suggested at the end of day one I really wanted to use rusty colours and then I had to decide what colour to put with it, after a moment or three I made my mind up to use purples.
I have many varieties of spray inks my latest acquisition a couple of  Lindy's Stamp Gang in purple (love them), those combined with a couple of Prima Bloom made up my colours.
These were sprayed and applied with a paint brush in areas to create different coverages and splatters. Micro beads were applied  using gel medium and just to finish off a touch of treasure gold wax to add a tiny touch of bling.


Mission complete!

Here are a few close ups.






 
Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! And I'm glad to hear you love Lindy's too - aren't they wonderful! Something else you NEED to enter into some challenges. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x