Thursday, 14 May 2015

Mini Album

Today my task was to make something from an A3 Crafters Companion Opulent card pack and set of Phil Martin Dragonfly/Butterfly stamps for my Sunday Workshops.

Ummmmmmm!!!!!!!

Ummmmmmm!!!!!!!

My first reaction was OMG what an earth can I do with that, followed by OK I can do this.
Sometimes it's good to be out of your comfort zone. I decided on a mini album as the card is lovely and thick, it also has a coating on it which if you are stamping in embossing ink the stamp slides over the card (I tried it). When scoring you really need to do it gently and flip it to score both sides to stretch the fibres on both sides or you may risk breaking the fold line.
To start,  the A3 card was cut in half lengthwise, this was then scored every 2.5cm then folded back and forth. As an after thought I inked the edges in a matching colour as the core of the card is very white.

 
A5 pages were made from other card in the pack so that the pages would co-ordinate, the edges were inked as before. These pages were then scored once 3cm from the edge on one side to make the pages easier to turn.
A piece of ribbon was attached to the inside of the back cover with double sided tape it was centred to be able to reach around to the front of the album.

 
The pages were arranged and then using tape and glue for extra strength were stuck into the album starting from the back working forward.

 

 
Before sticking in the front page it was time to stamp and embellish as once stuck down it wouldn't lie flat and that would make life difficult. This was done using StazOn ink (no sliding) using the Poppy stamp from the previous weeks project to add layers to front page.
 
Next the poppy stamp and dragonflies were stamped onto plain blue card with embossing ink, then adding sticky embossing powder. This was heated to release the stickiness and flakes were added.
The stamped images were fussy cut out and adhered to the front page.
At this point the whole project looked boring and needed a little something.
Using a die, a tag border was created for each page then mixed and matched to create interest edges were inked again. Lace was added along each of the sides. The page was stuck into position and the ribbon bought to the front and tied in a knot.
 
 
Tah Dah!



Project complete.

 Hope you like it.


Sue X





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! So glad you persevered and stepped outside that comfort zone! A great mini book with a lovely cover. You need to enter this into some challenges! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x