Saturday 4 April 2015

Bird Cage Project

I wanted or needed to make a project which included a bird cage,
this is how it turned out.

 
I began by cutting a grey board square to 8"x8", and covered it with a nice, rather plain paper to create a background to work on.
Rectangle shapes in all sizes were inked around the edges then placed down and interlaced in a pleasing manor then stuck into position.


 
A small amount of stamping was added to create depth and interest.
 
White paint was then splattered across the background again to create interest as no two splats are the same. The edges of the base  were inked and distressed with Black Soot distress ink.
 The birdcage was cut from reasonably thick card but I needed it thicker and so glued two together,
this was then part embossed with Gold UTEE and finished off with Black and Silver UTEE
The leaves were coloured and shaped, followed by the flowers and added to the piece.
The project needed a little something so I added a few arty words.
ART With Everything.

Thank you for taking a look at my project.

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Sue - I love those flowers, they really pop! x

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.