Monday 10 February 2014

Valentines Hearts


A couple of weeks ago, pre back to blogging, my sister in law and I put together an altered heart. I made two, as one was a test piece.


The hearts were a die cut basic shape and painted with, yes, you guessed it, Paperartsy paints.
Paperclay flowers which had been made a while ago and fully dried,  were glued with paper flowers  and wooden pieces then painted in the same base coat of paint.

One of the hearts was painted in different shades of pink, with treasure gold highlighting areas of interest. The other was coloured using dylusions spray inks and again a touch of treasure gold. When looking at the photo the darker one was actually black and dark pink the treasure gold highlights have reflected the light and looks a lot lighter than it is. A little lace and ribbon was added to give a girly touch.

 I don't really do pink....... I don't really do colour......
As my daughters would say I'm not a girly girl, but I am experimenting and getting over my fear of colour....

Enjoy

1 comment:



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.