Tuesday 12 April 2016

SDC239 - Nature

I've not been very attentive to the Stampotique blog challenges over the past few weeks, slap my hands. I've been a touch pre-occupied kids, holidays etc.
 Anyhow, I'm now ready for this weeks challenge which was chosen by Arwen McCullen, she is asking us to think "Nature".
Here is what she says about this challenge.
"Create a project with only nature items in it, no humans or animals".
 
Ummm! Think I chose the wrong week to start back, no characters!

 I decided to do a journal page partly because I had a fab textured piece of mixed media card which I had made weeks before and didn't know what to do with it.

It began life as a thick water colour card to which I had added texture through a mask or two, I then added art stones which were mixed with modelling paste.
My first layer of paint was clear gesso, not all over though as I like to see the difference between areas with and without gesso. My next layer was black gesso again not all over.
 
  
 
Now then this is the point I became soooo into my project I forgot to take in-betweeny photos, sorry! 

Brief description, lots of yummy silks paints to give tones of shimery blues and greens, micro beads for more texture and treasure gold for highlighting the art stones.

I loved the colours and textures which reminded me of garden undergrowth and decided it was perfect for the nature challenge. My next challenge was finding a Stampotique flower to add to the piece, unfortunately I didn't have one. However, I did have my new stamp delivery of Kate Cranes latest and created my own daisy's by rotating the cube and over stamping the design to make a flower.
Stems were added from a random stamp in my collection along with a nature type quote.

 
 
 
If you would like to take part or simply have a look at the inspiration available, hop on over to the Stampotique Challenge blog here

Sue X
 


 

 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Sue <3 Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique this week :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks like a place I'd like to get lost in!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol hands are slapped!
    Fantastic page Sue,
    thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely page wtih such great texture.
    Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique challenge this week.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and perfect for the nature challenge. Thank you for playing with us at stampotique Originals Designer Challenge. .

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.