Sunday 2 August 2015

Week 2 Summer Holidays

Week two started with Jess going  to the stables and Georgie eventually getting up at ten ish.
 
Tuesday  I had a vision of the girls and myself doing a trio of canvas's (one each that is).  Jess was up for it but the "teenager" didn't want to play.
 Jess and I got out the paints and went for it.
First we created the base by scrapping paint across the canvas, followed by a touch of stencilling.
We also added a little heat embossing with a gorgeous green WOW embossing powder.
Then we stamped up TH Crazys Birds and coloured them with distress ink,cutting them out and layering them up.
Branches were made using a JOFY stamp inked, stamped onto patterned paper cut out and added to the canvas.

This is Jess's fab artwork.



Wednesday morning  Jess woke up with another plan, asking for a Large canvas or two.
I didn't like to let her down so I searched high and low to locate one and failed miserably.
However, after hearing what she wanted to do we came up with an alternative solution, lots of smaller ones layered up.
She drew up a plan and got stuck in, it took all day.
This is what she did.


And, this is what her sister decided to paint after she was woken up by the Hoover, LOL


Well done both of you.

Thursday, where do I begin?
 Lazy day again for Georgie, Jess wanted to play rummikub the moment she woke up and Steve working from home for half a day.

Friday! Ooooo postman delivery.
 I  entered a six week challenge site Summer of Colour and managed to get myself randomly picked to receive the final weeks give away.
Here is what arrived, all the way from California, never had a parcel from California before.


I  needed to make something but knew it would have to be a small project, so, as August is a busy month for birthdays and anniversaries I thought I would get a head start.


Here is the quick card I made using paper tape to create a simple background (from parcel), a dylusion flower stamp was stamped onto the tape and onto watercolour card. A few of the flowers were cut out then watercoloured, shaped with a ball tool and added to project.
 Orange perfect pearls (from parcel) were added randomly and a small bow. Happy birthday was stamped onto card to finish it off.

On Saturday I made a couple more cards using Stampotique Stamps.



Sunday was dinner at nanny's then a trip to the cinema to see Mission Impossible 5.

Two weeks down five  to go!

Sue X

2 comments:



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.