Wednesday 5 August 2015

Stand Out From a Crowd Journal Page


 For this page I thought I would try a different approach, think of a prompt then make a page from there, normally I just sit down and see where the flow takes me.

I was having a little sort out and came across this cute little Stampotique Character,  I don't remember ever using him. I've had him for a number of years and decided he should come out and play, it seemed appropriate to make him stand out a little.

I stamped lots of the same image of text and the little fella onto good quality paper followed by one on watercolour paper and cut them out.


 I had a lined piece of paper hanging around so I trimmed it down and stuck it into my journal to use as a base. The black and white  stampotique images were arranged and stuck down.
White gesso was added on the lined paper which blended away some of the lines this was faded up to the images but not over.
The watercolour image was then coloured with distress ink then added to the page.
Shading was added by the feet of the images to ground them.
The edges were formed by stamping Dylusion borders onto watercolour card, cut out, stuck down, attached to the page and coloured in coordinating colours.
I used a limited colour scheme on purpose as otherwise my little man wouldn't have stuck out.



Clean and simple, journal page done while the girls were distracted by a film!

Sue X


1 comment:



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.