Saturday, 14 March 2015

Stampotique Girls

Yesterday was grey, wet and miserable.

After doing several little jobs, washing, hoovering, a bit of tidying (hiding stuff, out of sight out of mind) popping to shops for tea, followed by popping out on a secret mission (mums the word),
I found myself back home holding a gift from mister postman.

I had pre-ordered myself a couple of Stampotique girls which I had forgotten about, I now have several in my collection and love them all.

I needed to use them.
So I decided to stamp them in black archival ink onto watercolour card and combine them with an older stamp to create a colourful, teen type card.
Masking fluid was painted over the stamped image to protect or retain the white of the paper underneath. Water/aqua inks were sprayed onto the card in different colours and misted with a little more water to make them run together.
The masking fluid was then removed with a pencil rubber and  the images coloured with distress ink, at this point you need to be careful as the background was reactive with water, as are the distress inks (It could have ended in disaster).
The edges were distressed along with a few places on the painted area. A stamp was used to add a little more interest to the piece.


Tah Dah!

Hope you like it.
Update: After visiting a few blogs I discovered Stampotique were holding a challenge on fav backgrounds, so I am going to attempt to link this post to their blog.
Wish me luck and pop on over to the blog and check out the other entries they are fab.

1 comment:

  1. Love it & you're in BIG trouble not telling me you pre-ordered these you sneaky thing you. LOL
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x