Saturday 27 September 2014

September Art Journal Page

I know, I'm very late with this months page, I've been a little busy.

Yesterday, Friday, was a teacher training day, can you believe it! Any how bearing that in mind I thought I wouldn't get anything done because I would be entertaining my eldest.
Turns out however I wasn't needed. 
 We had to pop to town to see hubby raising money at a tea/coffee morning for McMillan cancer research, (he normally works in Brum but managed to do this closer to home, he was also the only man who volunteered, Bless him).
So that done, donations put in the pot, a spot of shopping, a visit to Greggs for Georgie to get her favourite lunch, a short drive home and a spot of hoovering. Georgie decided to plug herself into several media sources all at the same time and that was the end of mum and daughter time.

I decided to stay out of the way and got stuck into my page.

I began by brayering a background with the new JOFY Limited edition paints, followed by a bit of artistic licence of bottle top printing and other bits.
I knew I wanted little houses and so added a few yellow and pink paints to the mix and just painted house shapes onto the bottom of the page. Once dried I used a charcoal pencil to draw the outline. of the houses, windows, doors etc.


Then I added a bit of stamping.


 I had used up the remaining paint up on a plain piece of card, didn't want to waste it, then stamped the lettering and numbers onto the card, cut them out and stuck down. I added the journal blocks and that was that.


 Really happy with the page and with having a second day of messy, painty fun.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous. I like the background AND the houses. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.