So Thursday my sister-in-law Nola and her friend Trish came to play.
And boy did we get messy!!!
We began with a 6x6 box canvas and covered it with real lace and a few die cut lace pieces and stuck it all down firmly. Next up we smothered the canvas with gesso, the new finnabar heavy white ( it's so nice, sort of a gel consistency).
We stamped our face image twice, one to colour, which we did lightly with Derwent pencils and the other to use as a mask whilst spraying.
A couple of hours was used making flowers from thick card as it would hold the shape better when painted and coloured, yes, it was also the cheaper option as buying the lovely metal embellishments can get expensive. We also used die cut butterfly's, swirls and cogs.
Once all the bits and bobs were made and arrange in an appealing manor, it was stuck in place with hot glue gun mainly for speed, cos, we were all impatient and wanted to start colouring.
We placed our face mask over the coloured image and gave the white card embellishments a coat of gesso, then the messy bit got under way.
We each had two water spray bottles, in which we put our chosen paint colours about 5mm. We added approx 10mm of water and mixed the solution together. We sprayed the mixtures on the canvas until we were happy with the results, drying in between layers.
At this point I really wished I had head to toe overall on as someone around the table was a bit of a happy sprayer, mentioning no names, (Trish).
Treasure gold was added to highlight areas. Nearly forgot, we used a charcoal pencil to create shadow
depth and blurred it with a paper blending stubby, I used more of this as I like the black effect.
So, here are the results.
Mine , Nola's and Trish's.