Saturday 13 September 2014

September Already!!!

Well, here I am.

August passed me by and with the school holidays over I am looking forward to having a play.

I have managed to start decorating the hall, stairs and landing. Although it's not the crafting, messy painting I had in mind, it is quite satisfying to see fresh paint on walls (no finger prints). I just hope the weather holds out so that I can do the woodwork (that paint takes so long to dry).

I have my September Calendar page to do first, I told myself, then  I realised that Christmas is sneaking up on us.

So, bearing that in mind I made a Christmas candle holder, (fake tea lights).
My dad cut a block of wood into squares and drilled a tea light size hole in the top.
I gave it a layer of gesso to prime the wood followed by a coat of mermaid fresco paint.
Crackle glaze was put in areas on the block, followed by a coat of nougat. The crackle cracked and looked great.

Poinsettias  were die cut from white glitter card and a blue embossing powder was melted into the centre from the back. 
A few tiny pearls were added and the flowers arranged and stuck down.


Tah Dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.