Monday, 23 June 2014


Hi, today I'm posting a quick project I finished the weekend. 
 Hubby is in the dining/craft/working from home room, working from home so basically no crafting for me today.
I started with a blank 5x7 flat canvas. Pieces of different squares/rectangles of paper were distressed around the edges with distress ink and glued into place with a mat medium, followed by a coat of mat medium over the entire piece  to seal it.
Stamping in black archival ink was added to create interest.
Chalk and Orchid Paperartsy Paint was dry brushed around the edges (drying between applications) and a small wooden frame had a coat of Chalk paint followed by crackle glaze then a coat of Orchid. Once dry the frame was sanded back lightly. 
I wanted to keep the project simple and had previously bought this super air balloon die (for male cards), I cut them out in black to make it appear dramatic and stand out. The paper beneath the die was coloured using distress ink in Worn Lipstick and Squeezed Lemonade spritzed with water and dried then stamped with a swirl.
The pieces of balloon were attached together and shaped into a small dome with a ball tool to give a 3D effect,  glossy accents was added to them, just to make them shine.
Dream was die cut out of mount board (three layers cut and stuck together to make them more chunky), and painted with Little Black Dress paint.
A little silver Treasure Gold wax was added to the small frame and the edges of the canvas.
All of the bits and bobs were stuck down and Hey Presto, finished.
Hope you Like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.