Wednesday 28 September 2016

Play Day Tuesday

Its been quite a while since I've had a Tuesday play day,  so with the girls back at school for a little while I thought it was about time my sister in law and I attempted to get the creating juices flowing.

We started with mixed media paper/card and added dylusions paints in random blocks, this was stencilled on various patterns and designs followed by stamping.
The next part really upset Nola, the look of horror crossed her face when I said to her choose one of my home made masks place it on your paper and paint black all over it.
To complete the pages doodling was added to the black areas.

There was some resistance, however, when the project was complete she was well happy and was going off home to do more.

Unfortunately didn't take any photos during the process, but, these are my almost finished pages.




 
The masks were made by cutting images from a Sunday magazine many moons ago, these was placed on clear acetate drawn around and carefully cut out with a craft knife to produce two versions (an inner and outer). The edges were sanded to smooth down the sharpe bits.

Hope you like them.


Sue X


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.