Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Sunday With Lin Brown

Well what a fun day.  

Arrived at The Bead Scene, Northants, with a few minutes to spare Rebecca and I settled down for an explosion of crafty madness. 

We began with a large flat canvas and covered it in different scrapbook papers using a multi medium to stick it all down, with a top coat of same medium  to seal it.
 
  We chose our colours, I stuck to the original colours as they would work well in my lounge, Blood Orange, Claret, Tango and Chartreuse all  Paperartsy  paints.
The home die cut and tulip were painted in the lightest colour. 
By the time that was done the canvas was dry. 

The sun was out and there was a super breeze to keep us from over heating.

 
A base layer of paint was painted all over the canvas, followed by a layer of stencilling using Lin's new Masks. Followed by a slightly watered down wash of paint in two tones to create depth. As my colours were translucent anyway I didn't have to add much water. This was dried and the fun began. 

After a quick demo, we began the main flower features. 

A stencil brush applied a layer of black paint through our chosen mask, then a layer of white paint at a slightly different angle to give the impression of a dark shadow around the flower,  the mask was placed covering the white completely then stencilled through using the lightest shade again, then adding  the next shade but covering less of the petals and same again with the darkest shade at just the tips. 
 
The Poppy seed heads were stencilled in the same way,  the only difference was that once painted the stems were covered and script was stamped through the mask onto the seed heads. 

Dry brushing was added to the home die cut edges. The tulip was also stamped on to add interest, this was layered up and stuck together along with a bit more dry brushing. Words were stamped  onto painted card and cut out.  The edges were inked and  added to the canvas. A bit of bling was added to the tulip and the home die cut.

A JOFY mini stamp was stamped in black along the bottom edge, the flowers were painted in snowflake then when dry painted over with  chartreuse.
At this point it was past four o'clock and I was ready to go home.



Next day, with a fresh look at it, Cleaning done, etc, etc. I decided to stamp some of JOFY mini flowers onto painted card, I  cut out the shapes and shaped the petals, then added some treasure gold to the edges and created centres from hot glue and black glitter and added them to the canvas.


I also added a little more stencilling at the top of the picture and in Honey Dew and wiped Tango over the top. To finish I added a bit of cream cotton lace along the die cut lace.
 
 
This was my version, very happy with the end result.
 
 
And this was  Lin's original.
 
 
All of the class did a variety of different colours they all looked fab..
Well done everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Uber canvas, & great day had by all, aren't you clever taking pics as you went along.
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x