Tuesday 4 October 2016

Weekend Crafting

What more can I say, a whole weekend crafting. No washing, no ironing, no kids and no hubby.
It cannot get any better than that!

Normally at this time of year Rebecca and I head up north for a craft shopping day at Port Sunlight, this year however we headed down south for a weekend workshop with Linda Brown.
 
It was a great break from the usual and well worth the drive down to Milton Keynes.

We arrived nice and early which meant we had time for a quick mooch around the shop, followed by gelli plate printing and rusting fabric. A patchwork of the prints and rusted fabric were arranged along with small houses cut from various fabrics.
The following day we got out  the sewing machines and zigzagged the seams of the patchwork pieces, very therapeutic only one problem the patchwork looked really cool and I didn't want to cover it up. Now there is an excuses to make more gelli prints.
The houses were all stitched and decorated by hand, this did take a little while but it well worth it.
We took our projects home to complete, I may have added a few more beads, buttons and lace too.
So here is my finished project.
 
 
Here are a few more close ups.
 





Thanks again to Linda Brown for guiding us on this workshop, hope you like it.

Sue X

Here is some rusty fabric I made as I was finishing off my project, I'm now addicted to making it, unfortunately though, out of rusting powder.
 
 

X



1 comment:

  1. Oh! These are so detailed, feminine and GORGEOUS! Love! xo

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.