I've often thought I'll go get a paint brush out of the garage and have a go at that, then I've thought actually that was an expensive brush do I really want to alter it.
Anyhow, as many of you know "The Range", has an array of reasonable priced items screaming alter me and whilst on a quick visit (just to get out of the house) I came across this 4" wall brush for £2 bargin.
The brush is a great size perfect for the job at hand, let the mess commence.
Firstly the brush was given a coat of gesso to act as a primer for the base, a little of the paint was pulled down over the brush tufts. Clear Crackle paste was added randomly over the brush and bristles and left to dry.
At this point I had to wait for it to activate, then I got bored and wanted to get on with it so I dried it off with a heat tool and got out a few rusty paint colours. I love the effect of an old paint brush under layers of old paint and mess.
This was the front.
This was the back, I didn't want to leave it plain and as it wouldn't be seen I just added a touch of texture and colour.
Now then as usual the moment over took me and the photos stopped, sorry!
However this is how it came together, cheese cloth was pulled apart and layered onto the brush along with white dried natural fibres. A combination of shop bought and handmade flowers were arranged along with a few dried cones and beaded berries. Dried tiny flowers were used as fillers and also fake green moss (as used on model railways), be aware though as the green colour does come off.
Micro beads were added in copper to add to the rustic look.
Here are a few more close ups.
If you like what you see and would like to see more I found a little bit of inspiration for you with a video here,
Hope you like it.