Monday 19 January 2015

Birdhouse Canvas No 2

Okay, I have to admit I do like these little bird houses.
They are just so much fun to look at, with that said here is my second slightly different birdhouse  project.

The project began  in the same way by layering strips of paper instead of squares.
 This was stuck into position with soft matt gel medium, followed by adding texture through a circle mask using texture paste plus a the addition of random stamping.
The House was painted white again and a roof was created with corrugated craft card, this was coloured with distress ink and treasure gold for a bit of bling.

Circles of brown wire and an old plywood die cut also inked up in brown were stuck into position.
 

The flowers (shop bought) were then stuck into position along with a couple of homemade rose buds.
Shading was added using distress ink pads and water to create shading and puddles of colour for depth.

Not forgetting the little dove of course, I found them in the wedding section of a craft shop and I couldn't resist.

 
A little closer.


Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cant wait to make it at our next class at banous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the paper weave effect on your projects - its really simple but so effective. Another stunning one Sue! x

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.