Hi, just finished a project that my friend Rebecca and I started a while back.
We started by painting the whole thing in one colour of Paperartsy paint followed with a coat of crackle glaze and added a top coat of paint to magically transform and give an old wood appearance (always cool to watch). We sanded it a little and then ran out of time, couldn't leave youngest one the steps of school, could I.
At this point we went our own way in decorating our icons.
Mine went like this.
I coloured a little grunge paste with a spot of paint then pushed it through a mask.
I then stamped script writing in various places. Using Lin Brown stamps from Paperartsy I stamped with coloured paints onto black paper, cut out the flowers arranged them.
Then die cut several sizzix grass pieces in black, covered one with paint and layered them up.
I added a lace trim and words made from cutting a 9mm length of core card put through my dymo label maker, sanded it lightly to reveal the words which were mounted on to a bit of black card.
There you have it, another half project finished.